Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Smiles, giggles, and tricycles!!

This trip has been an amazing growing experience for me to work together as a group to assist a community which needed our help.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the school we arrived at was in a condition where learning could take place without any distractions for the students. Before my arrival, I had envisioned myself doing hands on work such as painting walls, putting together doors, and building desks and chairs. Although I wouldn't have minded doing such work, I was happy to see that the school seemed to have a lot of resources in hand to promote a positive learning atmosphere.

I enjoyed working with teachers to set the classroom up for the new school year which was to start in a couple weeks time. And when I saw the looks on the kids faces walking across the hall or playfully hanging out in the courtyard, I knew that I wanted to do everything I could to keep them smiling for a long period of time. My only wish would have been to be able to interact with the kids a little more to hear their stories, and share some laughters but I know all the teachers are there to support them every step of the way which makes me feel at peace.

The tricycle race was a little fun we had as a group and I'm glad everyone was able to share a little laughs :)

I hope to be back at KIPP sometime in the near future if not next year and keep in touch with everyone from this trip!! Thanks Guys.


KoKE-a-KoLA

No comments:

Post a Comment