Friday, August 13, 2010

Life Is A Continual Learning Experience

Well......my learning experience begins with this blog! I have been struggling to get signed on since it was first created. Now, today, our last day in New Orleans, I have been successful. i guess this is an omen.

I can only briefly express my thoughts at this time due to prior commitments and obligations (besides it is our last night in NOLA!) However, in the near future, I will be offering an earful regarding all the wonderful life experiences ..... and things I have learned here in New Orleans.

Briefly, I will say that the outstanding quality of human behavior, compassion and survival skills of the people of New Orleans puts the rest of us to shame! They are the kindest, most welcoming and generous people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. It has been an honor working and learning side by side such exceptional human beings.

I have learned many things this week, but the one thing I have learned about the people of New Orleans is that their Southern hospitality and their survival skills will make any human proud to be a part of this service learning project. I was humbled by their bravery....and proud to say I had a hand in helping them regroup. Anyone who had the opportunity to partake in this project is.....and should feel...... privileged.

I just had to say these few things .....there will be more to come. Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment