Sunday, August 1, 2010

August Trip

I am anxious to get going on the August trip, and I am not sure what to expect in terms of the weather. I am looking forward to helping out at the school and doing what I can in the short time I will be there.

Hopefully I will be able to walk through the city without any problems from the heat. I was lame a week ago, after two shots of cortisone, I regained my ability to walk. I feel great. Going to New Orleans with a cane or a wheelchair was not my idea of a good time.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the August trip, we had a great time helping out at the John Dilbert School. We met some amazing people who shared their stories with us.

    The tour of the lower 9th ward was an eye opening experience which gave us a unique experience of what was truly lost during Katrina. I have learned through personal experience to appreciate what you have because everything can be taken away with a simple rain storm or a flood.

    The group of people who went in August were all special to me. I enjoyed spending time with each of you and learning about your lives. I enjoyed sharing my stories and making everyone laugh. I learned a lot about some members of the group. It is the sharing of our experiences and relating to one another that made the trip special. I really enjoyed learning from all of you and I look forward to next year (if I make it through the screening process.)

    ReplyDelete