Monday, August 9, 2010

Late Monday Evening/Early Tuesday Morning

This trip has already become my favorite trip of the three that I have been on. Each year the dynamics of the group as well as the work we do is all so different, but this year the group seems to be more of a whole, rather than small groupings. We have already spent more time together in the last two days than I think any of the past trips have. This to me, is wonderful. I am thrilled ! :)

Today, was a personal challenge for me, for many reasons... But I feel as though I am learning to roll with the punches... sort of! The work that I did today was hugely fulfilling, for both myself but mainly for the teachers I worked with. I was set to work doing tasks that the teachers had all been meaning to get to, but just didn't have the time. I was happy to be able to help them out in this respect, and they were perhaps more excited to be able to check another item off their "to do" list.

After work, we were fortunate enough to see the tail end of a parade, just after dinner on Decatur, as well as a live concert just in front of Jackson Square. Reggie Bush, Deuce and Marcus Allen were there too! It was cool to see some New Orleans spirit on the fly like that. Yesterday we caught the last day of the Satchmo Festival, over by the French Market, all kinds of live jazz and bangles, baubles and bright shiny BEADS! Mr. Armstrong, Satchmo, would be proud :)

On that note, I'll have to be up in only a few hours to start another full day of work and play! Good night, New Orleans!

No comments:

Post a Comment