Thursday, August 16, 2012

My week in NOLA

What an interesting time I had during my week in New Orleans, Louisiana. We worked part of the time while we explored part of the time. I tried my first gumbo and shrimp creole at a restaurant in the French Quarter and liked both of them! The school we worked at is the Harriet Tubman Charter School in the Algiers bank of the Mississippi River. We worked in the library, helping organize the books in the shelves. Sometimes it rained (hard!) during our week in NOLA. One of the most interesting places we visited in New Orleans is the Lower 9th Ward, which resembled a ghost town. I even took Eunice and Kate to the Audubon Zoo. One evening, my dad came to New Orleans for a meeting and I had dinner with him. It is interesting how the bus system also goes everywhere like Chicago, but buses come less frequently. I might return to the Big Easy someday soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment