Friday, July 30, 2010

from Eli

Well....I must admit that I came on this trip really not knowing what to expect. I know that I was super excited about coming but wasn't too sure what to be excited about.

As we arrived at the airport the first day, I formally introduced myself to the group, and really all I could think about was how fun it was going to be to work/play with a group of complete strangers for an entire week.... and now that the week is over, I will definitely remember these guys and gals forever! ( and i meant that in a great way!)

As for New Orleans, it was such an amazing and fulfilling experience. We spend most our lives investing in ourselves and to be totally honest, sometimes you just have to give back. It felt great to help others that really needed our help because so much goes into preparing schools for the new year and there just isn't enough man power. Although we were only there for a minimal amount of time, I hope that we were a big help. Thankfully, the teachers were so appreciative of our help and really treated us great. The enthusiasm I felt from the teachers out here has really set the standard for my own career!

Thank you New Orleans, this experience has been so humbling!

No comments:

Post a Comment